Headquarters: London URL: https://ebury.com/
As a Kafka Tech Lead you will be responsible for the reliable and scalable adoption of Kafka as a key event infrastructure in our architecture.You will build and integrate with other systems for provisioning, monitoring, and alerting.Working closely with our development, devops, and support teams, you will help us drive a consistent flow of events within our tech stack.We want to minimize manual processes and strong software engineering proficiency in this role is key.The project: You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies. Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with 3 distinct channels for users to access our core functionality:- Salesforce.com for our front office staff, - Online banking portal built with Vue.js and - a Rest API for 3rd party integrations.Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, and ELK you and your team will build and run services in a number of environments, and will be responsible for defining and achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale, which will run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.Your background:
- You have extensive experience in designing and running Kafka instances in production environments.
- You gained a deep understanding of event driven architectures by working closely with production systems preferably in the financial market.
- You have proven capability to interact with internal customers, senior peers and stakeholder, and deliver results, taking ideas to production
- You have good knowledge of the wider Apache Kafka ecosystem (Kafka Streams, KSQL, Connect Platform) as well as managed versions of Kafka
- You are passionate about data and databases and worked in the past with a range of SQL/NoSQL technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Couchbase, BigQuery)
- You are fluent in at least one programming/scripting language, preferably Python
- You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- You care deeply about user experiences and own (define, implement, improve) appropriate metrics to measure them. You make decisions based on data and facts.
- Quality is important to us, we expect you and your team’s code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. We use CI Jenkins pipelines and terraform for the deployment of services and infrastructure.
- Ebury Tech is a multi-cultural and distributed team, you will need great English communication skills and experience working in a global environment to be successful.
- Maintaining and extending our Kafka platform (including components from the wider Kafka ecosystem) to support a range of big data streaming applications
- Being the point of contact for engineering teams seeking to use the platform – i.e. supporting and on-boarding their data and applications, seeking to automate these tasks wherever possible
- 3 or more years experience working with an Apache Kafka instance running in production
- In-depth experience with Python or Go; other languages may be considered depending on experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good level of English
- Experience working in the financial sector.
- 2 or more years experience of working with global team members in a distributed environment.
- Open source/source available SQL/No-SQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Familiarity with distributed tools e.g., Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, GSuite.
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools, techniques and principles (SCRUM).
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure and container orchestration.
- Active participation in open source projects
- Tech Lead
- Technical Architect
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day 1. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look here and see what our remotes say about us!If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-working teams, every day is a new adventure.Get ready to take your career to the next level!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/ebury-events-kafka-tech-lead-remote-gmt-5-max