The DevOps Engineer combines software development and continuous integration practices of new software solutions within a large scale enterprise Java EE application architecture. The Senior DevOps engineer will be working with a team of highly talented software development professionals and will be responsible for support and development of new processes and tools which ensures successful and effective integration of fully functional and efficient software working product.
- Deploy and maintain cloud applications on multiple platforms including Kubernetes, AWS, and Azure.
- Configure & manage builds for containerized applications.
- Build and maintain Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools and pipelines.
- Improve and manage software assembly, testing, and operations processes using automation and configuration management tools.
- Analyze system and application behaviours to develop meaningful performance metrics, monitoring, and alerting.
- Propose and implement DevOps process improvements that impact the product and software development processes.
Required skills and experience:
- Operation and maintenance of Linux and Windows
- Configuration Management and Automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet. Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform is a plus.
- Common application build systems including Maven, SBT, NPM, and Gradle.
- Experience with git or other distributed version control systems such as Mercurial (hg)
- Experience operating and configuring Jenkins, or similar Continuous Integration systems. Familiarity with the Groovy DSL for Jenkins Pipeline development is an advantage.
- Experience deploying to and operating containerized applications with Kubernetes. Knowledge of managing deployments with Helm is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with building and operating JVM-based containers. Experience with application frameworks such as J2EE & Spring Boot is an advantage.
- Familiarity with building and operating node.js-based containers.
- Familiarity with popular database technologies including SQL (Postgres, Oracle, MSSQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis).
Desired Skills and experience:
- Understanding of common Java application deployments including Jetty, Netty, and Spring Boot.
- Understanding of Java EE software development framework.
- Experience with Java EE applications system administration.
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Strong ability to work across functional teams, including developers, testers and business teams
- Attention to detail and relentlessly pursue excellence in producing quality deliverables
- Global team and Global spirit
- An open, dynamic and informal working environment with game zone, cookies, fruits, ice cream and even more;
- Challenging projects;
- Training, conferences and certification programs;
- Flexible working hours, additional vacations;
- Competitive salary.