The Genesys Cloud Kafka Team provides infrastructure and services used by the entirety of the Genesys Cloud platform. Every microservice within the platform depends on our tier-0 mission-critical services. We build scalable, fault tolerant, and self-healing services that maintain high availability even when faced with simultaneous multiple failures at various levels. We deliver low latent services built to withstand high throughput usage patterns on the platform.Our team creates the integral services that form the fundamental backbone of Genesys Cloud.As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud platform.
- Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer feedback.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points as well as evangelize best practices.
- Partner with various teams to transform concepts into requirements and requirements into services and tools.
- Guide implementation best practices and assist other teams with implementation details in a variety of programming languages.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture in support of a variety of data applications.
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments in AWS.
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- This is a Java developer role first and foremost so foundational experience building software is instrumental in this role.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building things that will be heavily used.
- You have engineered scalable software using big data streaming, pub/sub, and/or event-based technologies (e.g. Kafka, AWS MSK, AWS Kinesis, AWS IoT, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.)
- You have experience building near-realtime high throughput streaming applications.
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation as top concerns.
Technologies we embrace:
- Right tool for the right job over we-always-did-it-this-way.
- Packer and Ansible for immutable machine images and automation.
- AWS for cloud infrastructure.
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code.
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing, orchestration, etc.
- Kafka and Kinesis for stream processing.
About GenesysEvery year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the world’s leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1