At Guestline, we craft thoughtful products that help hoteliers effortlessly welcome and manage their guests. We’re central to the lives of thousands of hotels and their fantastic staff around the world, our users interact with our software in many areas of their working day and we’re here to make their lives more enjoyable, more productive and to help them provide better service to their guests. It’s this relationship that we help build between Hotels and their guests that mean we have vast scope for innovation, disruption and enhancement every step of the way.
Our diverse team is filled with bold, ambitious and creative minds, spread across five countries, we’ve quickly grown to over 200 people and our plans are to continue our international expansion. As a 25 year old company with deep and long standing relationships, our history guides us and gives us great position in the market, but it’s our innovation and international expansion that will keep us successful.
Our growth has been fuelled by investment from Riverside PE, a leading US Private Equity firm who have a strong track record in supporting disruptive ambitious businesses to become market leaders.
About the opportunity
We take pride in maintaining infrastructure software that will drive the hospitality industry to the next level. Working alongside our Customer Success and Development teams you’ll be delivering best practices to manage risk, develop relationships and build a stable infrastructure environment. With our Azure Data Centre’s in several geographical locations, you’ll be collaborating with diverse and highly skilled engineering teams. The Core Services team support a weekly on call Rota.
Our environment and team are rapidly evolving with the introduction of our new Azure process, continuous delivery practices, moving to PaaS cloud solutions, introducing reporting metrics and this is where we’re looking for skilled Infrastructure Engineer to make an impact.
What we need you to do
- Have a good understanding of Azure and other cloud software's to provide a range of support solutions. Speak confidently around when to use Virtual Machines, Azure Functions, Container Orchestration, Web Apps and introduce any new emerging platforms
- Have a good understanding of SQL Azure and Microsoft SQL Server, HA, Availability groups, clusters
- Deliver great service by automating processes. Terraform, Octopus, Azure DevOps/ARM, Powershell, Ansible are typical tools we use daily
- Understands the types of information needed in production incidents and how to ensure the team is fully briefed on anything you are working on
- Own the process of documentation processes and problem resolutions. Actively spot knowledge silos and encourage an open culture by helping infrastructure and groups share ideas and knowledge
- Work with customers to improve the service and platform provided. Understand that being invisible to customers is a sign of success and making as much of a platform self-service as valuable is a worthy goal. Recognise that if an internal or external customer needs to ask for something to be done there might be an opportunity to automate
- Lead on incidents to troubleshoot causes quickly. When on call you can successfully triage incidents to get to the root cause quickly
- Be a guardian of security and keep it in mind when making decisions. Work to ensure that we are world class in our implementation by making security controls as seamless and hassle free as possible
- You’re unwaveringly customer-focused - thinking about our customers first to go the extra mile and ensure our customers, guests and users alike will be best served
- You have a voice – we need you to be an active contributor, coming up with improvement ideas and plan how you implement them
- You have an analytical mind – you question everything and relentlessly use your research and data to make informed decisions
- You’ve got a curious mind – you read around your subject and default to open when it comes to sharing knowledge
- You’re prepared to drive change – you using learning techniques, soft skills and lead by example to inject new ways of thinking wherever needed
- You can work autonomously - once given a project you can tackle the bulk of it taking input and feedback but making it your own through to successful conclusion.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Location: Remote