Infragistics is looking for a software developer who will be a key driver of innovation and excellence in developing custom UI components and libraries for desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
You will collaborate with stakeholders in breaking down requirements into API design and concepts, team up with UX architects to ensure great user experience, participate in testing to maintain and improve quality, work on documentation and create samples to showcase the components. You will also interact directly with our customers.
While being a member of a cross-functional team, many team members specialize in key areas such as testing, support, and docs. We are currently looking for a software developer who is passionate about ensuring high levels of reliability and confidence in the product that we ship. We like to think of such people as confidence builders.
If you have a knack for creatively exploring and testing potential uses of the product, and want to be a key team member who helps ensure the usability and productivity of the product, there’s a good chance you’d be a great fit for this role!
- Help plan and ensure useful test coverage by authoring automated tests and executing manual tests for product areas that you are responsible for.
- Define automation strategies, deciding what to automate and how.
- Monitor failing tests, and work to resolve them.
- Ensure tests run on all supported platforms, including but not limited to WPF, jQuery, Xamarin Forms.
- Submit and verify product bugs.
- Have a clear understanding of feature coverage in each control and devise strategies to cover what's missing.
- Independently debug product code to more deeply understand product behavior and create solutions, workarounds, and change sets to resolve problems with the products.
- Define the manual testing strategy to cover the features under test
- Participate in code reviews, debugging, testing, support, and documentation to ensure your product team’s success.
- Participate in product development planning, design, and regular team meetings.
- Collaborate effectively and professionally with other teams within the company.
- Stay on top of emerging best practices and testing tools and frameworks.
- Actively work on team and personal professional development plans for ongoing improvement.
- Typically, have at least 4-6 years of experience working in software development teams as a software developer specializing in test, ideally with the technology stack used within the team, and show advanced knowledge of it.
- Formal education in computer science, software engineering, or related, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Prior experience supporting and debugging software.
- Experience with automated testing and SpecFlow/Cucumber.
- Experienced in C# with a focus on user interface development.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of software and UI/UX design patterns.
- Experience with XAML-based technologies, preferably WPF; use of third party controls a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server and/or git.
- Desire to build the highest level of quality into all products through relentless attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize work setting clear expectations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members of a global organization.
Nice to Have:
- Open, friendly, collaborative working environment with cutting edge technologies
- Learn and improve top-notch, commercial software development practices through on-the-job experience and ongoing professional development programs.
- Work with many other skilled developers all over the world.
- Additional health insurance.
- Food vouchers.
- Flexible working time.
- In-house massage.
- Sport and relaxing activities - xBox, table tennis, foosball in the office.
- Open PTO (paid time off) policy (20 + days) with manager’s approval.
Interested? Send us a recent Resume!
Your application will be treated with respect and confidentiality! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted