Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on helping customers but also on how we can Empower and Advise them. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products. Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness. Developer Support Team is responsible for helping commercial and corporate customers which encounter problems when developing their applications using Visual Studio, Azure DevOps and similar Azure services, Chromium Browsers, Client Apps and Web Apps that include IIS (internet information services). Our responsibilities are troubleshooting, identifying and fixing technical issues, providing alternate implementations/techniques or workarounds to help developers achieve their business goals. Writing “how-to” samples to help explain a particular technology or product or debugging custom or product code is also sometimes part of the job. Our customers are mainly software engineers, solution architects and IT admins. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with developers and engage with Subject Matter Experts. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues, identifying and fixing the reported issues.
- Write samples or ‘how to’ prototypes to explain a particular technique/technology or Product.
- Identify and escalate reported bugs in Microsoft products.
- Provide appropriate alternate implementations/techniques/workarounds to help developers workaround a confirmed bug in Microsoft’s products
- Identify issues that occur frequently and help create public knowledge base articles for customers
- Must be passioned about technology and eager to grow developer and programming skills
- Developing experience with operating systems such as Windows, Linux (knowledge of core OS concepts – processes, threads, memory management etc)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts (C#, C++, VB.NET, XML, ASP, COM, ATL, MFC and .NET Framework development platform)
- Nice to have experience with troubleshooting tools (E.g. Process Monitor, Process Explorer etc) and debugging experience
- Previous experience in customer support with strong customer skills and problem-solving abilities
- Teamwork and ability to work remotely; willingness to learn new technologies and to take on challenges
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.