Help us make the world see
Join a collaborative, diverse and international team in a fast-growing company with big ambitions. Our leading open platform technology, open business model and open company culture has fueled our company for 20 years and made us a global player in the video management system industry. Here, you and your colleagues work with solutions that help organizations manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs. Welcome to the open platform company.
Milestone Systems is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to take part in our VMS and Cloud Services department in Brøndby.
This is a newly established position which will give the right candidate a chance to develop and influence our future Cloud strategy. You will become a member of a team of three architects where you will act as the Subject Matter Expert for Cloud.
Some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Work on a cloud solution that can support and extent Milestone on prem products
- Evaluating and creating requirements for a scalable cloud architecture and infrastructure, including service cost, security and elasticity trade-offs
- Together with the development teams, ensuring that security standards for Cloud environment is met and best practices for developing scalable cloud infrastructure and services are used
- Creating technology mappings and recommendations based on reviews, prototypes, investigations and experiences
- Making evaluation on technologies and companies of technical maturity to qualify decision on reuse, making or buying
- Have close collaboration with Product Managers, Product Owner, IT department and other stakeholders
- Working in an agile environment in collaboration with several feature teams
- 10-20 annual travelling days can be expected
As a Cloud Architect we expect you to have:
- Worked with architecture and security for SaaS solutions for the past five years
- A deep insight into Server & App Virtualization technologies
- Has proven reference with security certification for SaaS solutions
- Insight and experiences from working with at least two of the major PaaS platforms
- You have an Enterprise Solution Architecture background with a strong knowledge within design and architectural principles
- Master several coding languages and are experienced in utilizing this to service in PaaS platforms
We also expect you to actively develop your knowledge and skills within the software industry and always strive to stay on top of the new industry trends. You hold a master’s degree or higher in computer science or similar and have at least 10 years of experience within the IT industry. Furthermore, do you have experience with building and designing B2B Enterprise solutions, where you throughout your career have had a passion for IT security.
Who are you?
As a person you are outgoing and a good listener, being able to grasp business needs, technology challenges and collaborate on finding solutions and explaining these for both businesses as well as technical experts.
The right candidate comes with:
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Decisive and capable of making recommendations based on facts
- Have a track record of evangelizing design principals and architectural patterns for Enterprise solutions
- Have a curiosity and interest for security as well as technology
- Is a genuine team player, that ensures that we as a team are succeeding
- Enjoy drawing on a whiteboard, explaining or discussing in a bigger forum how architecture of systems is intended or should be improved, going into the important details that makes the difference.
Why you will love working here
- A chance to work with people from all over the world that inspire each other to do better and have fun during the process
- Personal development – we provide educational resources and coaching to accelerate your career
- Perks and benefits – we take good care of the people we hire and the teams we build. This includes flexible working hours, pension package, private health insurance, five extra vacation days, all-inclusive meal program, company bike, private on-premise gym, in-house massage therapist...
- Social activities – our personnel club regularly hosts events like cooking classes, tasting events, outdoor activities, cultural events, Friday bar and annual Christmas and summer parties
The future is up to you – Apply now!
To apply for this position, click the Apply button and follow the steps, keeping relevant documents like CV, certifications etc. handy. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Steen Strandskov Andersen, Director of Engineering on [email protected]
For more information about the company, visit our website: www.milestonesys.com
Want to know more about who we are? Check out and follow: https://www.instagram.com/milestonesystems/