Help us make the world see
Join a collaborative, diverse, and international team in a fast-growing company with big ambitions. Our leading open platform technology, open business model, and open company culture has fueled our company for 20 years and made us a global player in the video management system industry. Here, you and your colleagues work with solutions that help organizations manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes, and reduce costs.
Welcome to the open platform company.
Milestone Systems is recruiting a Principal Software Engineer, experienced in C# and .NET for a scrum team with focus on software deployment and management. The team develops features across all products and work with everything from our database and servers to our frontend clients.
Working in a company with a great focus on our talents, you are expected to mentor your colleagues, provide feedback, and drive knowledge sharing in the team and the organization.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Taking a leading role in breaking down tasks, design, coordination and development
- Taking responsibility for delivering all parts of a project on time and with high quality
- Understanding feature requirements
- Designing solutions and breaking down user stories
- Implementing high quality software (typically in C# - occasionally WPF, SQL, C++ and other technologies required)
- Writing unit tests and automated tests
- Performing threat analysis
- Joining a company with a People first theme/approach, you will have a crucial role in coaching and mentoring other members of the team helping them grow and develop.
Qualifications & skills:
- You have at least 8 years of relevant work experience. And you hold a Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar education
- Expert in C# and .NET
- Experience with multi-threading and asynchronous programming
- Experience with object-oriented design and SOLID design principles
- Experience with unit testing
- Knowledge of relational databases and queries, preferably MS SQL Server and TSQL programming
- Knowledge of Scrum and agile software development
- Understand version control concepts and workflows.
- Excellent English skills writing and speaking.
We also expect you:
- Are a team player
- Display initiative and drive
- Are open for new ideas and embraces changes
- Are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
Application and contact
To apply for this position, click the Apply button and apply by submitting your CV in English no later than end of April 2019. If you have questions about the job, please contact Ture R. Nielsen via email: [email protected]