A Software Developer is primarily responsible for ensuring effective, efficient and produce high quality development to meet the defined project business objectives. Candidates must possess a strong knowledge of SQL and development concepts related to RDBMS and procedural languages. The role will work closely with the senior development staff to ensure that results meet company standards. A successful candidate will need to possess a working knowledge of Windows, Oracle database and Unix/Linux environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coding, coding documentation, unit testing and implementation of application changes
- Participation in design sessions.
- Design and develop Oracle database objects (entities, procedures, functions, triggers)
- Design and develop new code and/or support operations, maintenance, and enhancements of existing code.
- Participate in translation of business requirements into detailed designs.
- Translation of technical specification into working source code.
- Effectively write source code, adapt existing components, and develop test components as necessary.
- Possess an understanding of system architectures and the impact of changes.
- Ensure compliance to standards and best practices for UI, Mid-Tier, data access and database development including change management, release management, & source code control.
- Team player with an understanding of development lifecycle and change management controls.
- Design and develop technical and functional solutions in the Oracle Financials product area (AP, AR, GL, FA, CE) as well as other Oracle EBS product areas as called upon, including providing guidance and assistance to staff to support these products and services
- Strong RICEW, PL/SQL
- Perform unit, system and interface testing in associated Oracle EBS product and corresponding system interface areas
- Develop associated EBS documentation including but not limited to requirements, design, code testing and end user documents, etc.
- Attend and participate in requisite project and operational meetings and work sessions and provide timely updates on work performed to peers, management and the Oracle E-Business suite customer community.
- Oracle Workflow and Workflow Administration
- Designing and implementing Oracle Application extensions
- 8 plus years of experience with Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Oracle databases and Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with Apex UI development
- Strong documentation skills and be able and willing to document all procedures. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on ad-hoc end user support request.
- Ability to work closely with teammates to solve problems, transfer or gain knowledge, and develop overall product architecture.
- Ability to understand complex business processes.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Commitment to the highest levels of quality and demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong fundamentals including but not limited to data-structures, algorithms, concurrent programming, multithreading.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work at all times
- Good command of the English language
- Professional and effective written and oral communication skills with management, fellow employees
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness due to the sensitivity and confidentiality of information and data that is handled
- Conscientious about quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Must be adaptable, flexible and willing to change without complaint.
- Highly organized with advanced multi-tasking and follow-up skills
- Ability to deal with high stress situations.
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Ability to handle multiple assigned tasks within allotted timeframes.
- Dependable and consistent
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science or Information Systems