During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.Company: SISW - MGJob Title: Software Development Engineer (C++, HDL) - 225949Job Location: USA OR - WilsonvilleJob Category: R&D Software EngineeringYou will join the Questa Portable Test and Stimulus Standard (PTSS) project in the Design Verification Technology business unit. As a member of the R&D team, you will help design and develop a new software product that compiles a PTSS description and generates SoC design verification tests.
- Interact with Product Engineering and Product Marketing to clarify functional requirements and priorities.
- Work with R&D colleagues to evolve the architecture of Questa PTSS subsystems.
- Develop and debug a high-quality implementation of the architecture.
- Work with QA Engineers, providing archetypal tests and written feedback on their test plans.
- Interact with Documentation Writers, providing initial usage information and written feedback on their drafts.
- Debug problems reported by users and implement improvements to prevent similar issues from arising.
- Design and conduct performance experiments, analyze performance data and design/implement optimizations as appropriate.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline is preferred, but strong candidates with other academic preparation will be considered.
- At least five years of software engineering experience is required.
- A strong background in algorithms and data structures is required.
- Facility with combinatorial mathematics and algorithms is required.
- C++ development skills are required.
- Knowledge of a Hardware Design Language (an HDL, such as SystemVerilog) is a plus.
- Experience developing tests for hardware design verification (especially with UVM) is a plus.
- Experience developing embedded software tests for SoC verification is a plus.
- Experience using EDA software (especially HDL simulators) is a plus.
- Experience using emulators or FPGA prototyping systems is a plus.
- Experience developing embedded software is a plus.
- Experience developing large, high-performance, multi-threaded and distributed software is a plus.
- Experience using software development tools including debuggers (e.g. gdb), source control (e.g. git), quality enhancement (e.g. valgrind), and build/test automation (e.g. make) is a plus.
- Must be a quick learner with strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must facilitate teamwork by working together with colleagues in the office when it becomes safe to do so.
- Seeking a goal-oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
Organization: Digital IndustriesCompany: Mentor Graphics CorporationExperience Level: Experienced ProfessionalJob Type: Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity StatementSiemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the LawApplicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination ProvisionSiemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy NoticeCalifornia residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.