The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees’ digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way. In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world’s largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. We build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees’ digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Workspace ONE provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Job Role and Responsibility
Our team is seeking a skilled engineer develop key features and components of our Workspace ONE platform. As such, you will be part of a team that define and deliver required solutions. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing and debugging. Day-to-day activities include:
- Designing and developing new features
- Unit testing
- Designing and implementing effective automation tests for our CI/CD pipeline
- Addressing issues found in the CI pipeline or production
- Code reviews
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Java or Kotlin
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Excellent object-oriented design skills
- Experience with SQL or NO-SQL datastores
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of “ownership” - the ability to determine what needs to be done and make it happen
- Passion for collaborative development and support of quality hosted software services
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience deploying a global service in AWS or Azure
- Experience working on live enterprise-grade scale services in the cloud
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.