VMware End-User Computing Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by technical leadership, fearlessness, and intense focus on customer success. Our mission is to empower employees to easily access corporate applications, content, email, and more, from any of their devices, while ensuring enterprise grade management and security. Were always looking to amplify our impact, and work smarter while continuously evolving how software is made. Our work directly impacts over 20 million people across 20,000 customers by delivering the worlds best Enterprise Mobility Management suite.
What youll do:
Ready to improve the way work is done across the world? The Senior Windows Engineer role at VMware showcases your ability to work from the front of the stack all the way through the services tier to the back end showing abilities to move from a user centric focus crafting high quality user interfaces to middle, and back end work where you can add customer value on new features as well as support, and extend existing ones. The Senior Windows Developer will:
- Show effective, and constructive communication, collaboration, and delivery skills
- Work on a small team of highly capable engineers, and designers using Agile engineering practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery models.
- Climb new technology learning curves while learning the Windows 10 modern device management domain.
- Break down coarse grained engineering problems, make just enough design, get agreement, and own the effort to delivery.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads, UX designers, and product managers to build on each others ideas to craft effective solutions
- Bring a strong sense of code ownership
What youll bring along:
- BSCS or equivalent.
- 6-12+ years of relevant experience building enterprise-class software systems and services.
- Thorough understanding of design patterns, and how to apply them to various problems
- 4+ years of meaningful experience with C++
- 6+ years of meaningful experience with C#
- 4+ years of impactful experience building Windows Agents, or Tunnel solutions
- 4+ years of experience around Windows OS internals
- Application, and services based security understanding
- A deep level of understanding of relational databases (performance, scale, security), and T-SQL
What would be useful to have:
- Windows Image Customization Exposure PPKG, Windows Configuration Designer, OOBE, UEFI
- Windows Modern Device Management Internals Experience
What youll get:
- Opportunities for you to work in a strong innovation culture alongside teams consistently leading the markets they are in, and competing against the best software companies there are
- Challenging, and engaging projects that will help change the landscape of corporate IT for the better.
- An authentic career path with a support cast that will help you along your journey
- Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
- Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance programs, sport activities, and open communication
- Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, team events