Work-from-home opportunity for a Java Developer of a new Cloud AdapterWe are looking for a versatile developer to join a compact and distributed team working on exciting and popular projects. Are you dreaming of joining one of the Silicon Valley software companies? This position is a rare opportunity to become part of VMware from a location where there are no development offices currently.Are you interested in making software that is fuelling today's clouds? Join us to own development and drive implementation of a completely new product - adapter that links VMware Cloud Director with VMware vRealize Automation!If the above resonates with you, we are waiting to hearing from you.Business SummaryOur customers can define virtual cloud infrastructure through vRealize Automation in various clouds (AWS, Google Cloud). However, VMware Cloud Director is not supported yet. This is where we need your help! You will write the adapter which connects vRealize Automation and Cloud Director.Do you like to see the full picture and build your code from inception till delivery? You will begin a new project, work with product managers from Palo Alto, collaborate with developers in Europe and help customers to use your product. You will use environments with VMware stack from vSphere to Cloud Director, implement the adapter with new cloud automation features for vRealize Automation and, of course, write regression tests to make sure that what you have crafted, stays there for good.Job Role and ResponsibilityYou will:
- Lay the groundwork for the new project.
- Implement the new adapter in Java and own its development.
- Communicate with VMware Cloud Director and vRealize Automation teams to learn about their SDKs. Also, propose how to improve the two SDKs based on the needs you find.
We expect you to:
- Analyse and even innovate product requirements, also compose software designs to implement them.
- Write unit, functional and integration tests - we value engineers who include quality assurance in their daily development.
- Code review contributions from your teammates and provide suggestions to increase code quality, reduce errors and make the code more understandable.
- Try new changes done by colleagues, report bugs, suggest improvements.
- Maintain development environments in the cloud or, if you're one of thosepeople who like tinkering with servers, bring up your own local ones.
Ah! And don't worry, you're not left alone. You will have a peer in this endeavor, as we are hiring two people for this job.Required Skills
- Three years of experience in Java 1.8+ or higher. Note that our team values code readability and maintainability foremost - we know that it's hard to write code that is easy to read and value those who can do it.
- Experience with administering some cloud infrastructure stack.
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle, including requirement analysis, testing, code versioning systems and code reviews.
- Using REST API and formulating suggestions for improvements.
- Writing English documentation about your product.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Self-motivation, dedicated mindset, willingness to work without a closesupervision in a distributed team.
- We are a diverse team of people working from different countries, hence you should enjoy and be capable of working with us remotely, to some extent asynchronously, by means of code reviews, emails, chats and virtual meetings.
Preferred SkillsIt will help if you have:
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere, Cloud Director and/or vRealize Automation.
If you'd like to learn more about our team's culture, you can look at our open-source project here:https://github.com/vmware/terraform-provider-vcdCategory : Engineering and TechnologySubcategory: Software EngineeringExperience: Manager and ProfessionalFull Time/ Part Time: Full TimeRemote: YesPosted Date: 2020-10-13VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape whats possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Start your job application: click Apply Now