We are working on one of the key projects in VMware vSphere HTML5 Client. Together we drive the change in the world of virtualization. We are a team of open-minded professionals welcoming new talented team members willing to learn and grow together. As an engineer in our team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Resolve complex problems
- Be a valuable member of the team developing the world-changing concept of cloud virtualization.
- Develop new and re-architect existing cloud applications.
- Use and develop your skills in Java and grow your knowledge in TypeScript, Angular, HTML5.
- Grow your experience in performance tuning and optimizations in non-trivial web applications
- Use CI/CD model in a dev-owns-quality process.
- Work in a creative environment; ability to patent your ideas
- Design and implement the UI of the next generation of VMwares cloud virtualization products taking into consideration that your customers are other UI engineers, plug-in developers, and end-customers.
- Take technical decisions impacting the product, you will propose changes to improve the experience of VMwares customers. We will welcome your different points of view and appreciate your ideas and contribution.
Experience and understanding in the following areas is required:
- Angular, Typescript, HTML5
- Experience with Java.
- Programming knowledge data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Social skills
Your knowledge in these domains would be considered a strong plus :
- UI development - TypeScript, HTML5, Angular/AngularJS, CSS.
- Experience with the design and implementation of more complex user interfaces custom controls, live updates, in-place editing, virtual data abstractions, MVC, etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience with enterprise architectures micro-services, remote method invocations, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL, security, etc.
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service-Application-Presentation)
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape whats possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.