YouGov are expanding their Survey Systems team, due to huge growth and the recent hires of numerous Software Engineers, we require an experienced Engineering Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, You'll be responsible for growing the team of engineers, directing and evaluating work, and improving the accompanying processes and culture.
What will I be delivering?
- Supervise and evaluate work of the development team, including assigning tasks with clear instructions and ensuring timely delivery of software
- Help with hiring, on-boarding, training and mentoring engineers
- Improve and add clarity to existing processes and workflows
- Document and preserve the development culture
What do I need to bring with me?
- You have at least 3 years of experience managing software developers
- You see your own success in the success of others
- You are a great communicator
- You know how to facilitate effective conversations and deal with difference of opinions
- You are ambitious, self-organizing and motivated
Technical skills and qualifications:
- Strong technical background (ideally you’ve been an engineer before)
- Experience with one of the modern object-oriented languages (Python, Ruby, PHP), web frameworks and databases
- Familiarity with cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Working knowledge of Linux or other Unix-based systems
Why Join us?
- You'll have the opportunity to manage a team of exceptional engineers.
- You'll be given lots of autonomy and direct impact on the engineering culture and software development processes
- Ability to hone your skills in a fast-growing, global company that values people, while solving interesting problems at scale
- This position would be 100% remote, ideally within the USA or Canada.
YouGov is an international data and analytics group, with 36 offices in 22 countries. Our global team don’t just collect data, we connect data. Our values drive us to be fast and fearless, to get it right and to trust each other. We’re here to challenge conventional approaches to market research, and disrupt our industry to ensure our clients always get the best solutions.
Our core offering of opinion data is derived from a highly participative panel of over 9 million people in 44 countries worldwide – it features 33 million interactions and billions of data points. This continuous stream of data is translated into a systematic research and marketing platform, through our deep research expertise and broad industry experience.