Descrição do trabalho
The Software Engineer is a ‘hands-on’ member of a multi-disciplinary Agile Squad responsible for a specific area of the Allocate Human Capital Management stack. This role is accountable for delivering high quality software design and development as part of a broader team with specific focus on engineering excellence, timely delivery, and high levels of quality.
As part of a Scrum Squad, the Software Engineers are accountable for:
- Reviewing, refining, estimating, and prioritising functional changes in close collaboration with the Scrum Squad leading to high quality committed deliverables.
- Producing clean and efficient code adhering to relevant patterns and standards
- Making informed decisions and taking ownership of project outcomes
- Engaging in design and review processes as an author
- Performing verification and validation to ensure product backlog items are complete before handover to colleagues
- Reviewing and debugging code associated with product backlog items
- Troubleshoot customer production issues
- Accommodating non-functional outcomes incorporating scale, security, deployment, and operability considerations
- Ensuring relevant documentation is produced and accessible
- Ensuring, in collaboration with Scrum Squad, that ‘Definition of Done’ is achieved for all items
Teamwork & Collaboration:
- Actively engaging in all quarterly release planning and preparation activities
- Actively engaging in all Scrum Ceremonies
- Effectively communicating within the Scrum Squad development decisions and activities
- Providing relevant technical leadership within Scrum Squad
- Continue to evolve knowledge of current industry methodologies, techniques, and emerging technologies
- Implement defined technology adopted by product/squad
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Gathers, verifies, and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of situations. Considers a range of possible options, evaluating evidence and seeking advice where appropriate and ultimately making well considered, clear, timely and justifiable decisions (or recommendations)
- Communication – Effective communication skills suitable for liaising with colleagues within the Scrum Team and beyond to broader project team, both on a one to one and one to many bases. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues including producing/reviewing technical documentation, preparing, organising, and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Planning and Organising – Effective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with Allocate colleagues and customers. Able to respond appropriately to feedback.
- Influencing skills – Ability to influence both within the scrum squad.
- Understanding Allocate – Aware of Allocate strategies, policies, and procedures and how the organisation operates.
- Influencing and Impact – Act in a professional manner and exhibit the required behaviour that should provide an example to other employees.- Able to network throughout the wider Allocate business and the user community. Needs to delegate tasks, responsibilities, and authorities effectively.
- Innovation, Flexibility and Adaptability – Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and customer requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change
- Leading Change - Positive about change, adapting rapidly to changing circumstances and encouraging flexibility in others. Supportive in implementing key strategic changes within R&D whilst taking an innovative approach to solving problems and considers alternatives.
Candidates should ideally have:
- Experience as a Software Engineer for at least two years.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in collaborating within a multi-disciplinary Agile Squad.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with the Microsoft and AWS technologies