Descrição do trabalho
Be a part of a revolutionary changeAt PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.The Operations function, thanks to its global scale and drive for innovation, is playing a meaningful role in PMI’s business transformation. Our mission is to produce and deliver products to our markets and into the hands of our consumers in a sustainable way. Operations is at the center of a powerful triangle of deep consumer connection, product innovation and executional excellence.Our people are passionate, determined and innovative. From procurement, to manufacturing and throughout our supply chain, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to leave your mark in this transformational journey to deliver better, smoke-free alternatives to millions of adult smokers around the world.For our Manufacturing team in Lisbon (Portugal) we are therefore looking for a Continuous Improvement OPEN+ Manager.OPEN+ is an Operational Excellence Strategy to achieve breakthrough business results through involving and empowering the total organisation and the establishment of a zero loss mindset.OPEN+ is PMI new way of working to build a high performing organization. It is an Integrated Operating System (IOS) across end to end value chain with standard routines to develop people capabilities in a systematic way. OPEN+ IOS is made up of:
- Knowledge and know-how of standardized processes, methodologies, and tools organized in Pillars
- Sequential step-by-step deployment of the knowledge which builds capabilities
- Sustainability driven through measurements, ownership and governance
In this position you will own the deployment of OPEN+ according to the defined region/cluster OPEN+ strategy and MoF to fuel people capabilities, achieve step change in performance, drive innovation through increasing organization reliability and agility in the affiliate! You will ensure OPEN+ deployment in the affiliate in an integrated and collaborative way to increase engagement and ownership, deliver value through adopting and improving PMI/region/cluster best practices in a standardized and systematic way! Owning the E2E Supply Chain and digital Open+ journey in the site according to phase progression and defining and implementing internal communication strategies and plans dealing with internal and external partners assuring both top-down and bottom-up communications approach, aligned with Company’s objectives.You will:
- Ensure full compliance with local legislation and company policies and practices. Adhere to all Environment, Health and Safety (Sustainability) rules, policies and practices.
- Ensure safety instruction, safety traineeship, and safety knowledge assessment for subordinates in cases as required by applicable legislation.
- Ensure all subordinates enforce to all applicable Sustainability policies and procedures. Work in close collaboration with Sustainability department to develop and improve departmental safety and job procedures.
- Encourage correct quality behavior, behavior safety and mindset by demonstrating consistent behaviors and leads by example.
- Holds a high level of self and others accountability towards safety.
- Ensure execution of Open+ tools, teams engagement and participation to Sustainability programs
- Ensure the affiliate’s alignment of the operating standards according to global solutions, ensure sustainable knowledge sharing on continuous improvement tools and methods, standard work processes, daily management systems and pillars according to the global standards.
- Own the OPEN+ implementation and deployment in the affiliate according to the region/cluster OPEN+ deployment strategy and MOF in order to ultimately establish an integrated operating system.
- Concur to region/cluster OPEN+ Strategy development by representing the affiliate on region/cluster meetings and workshops, ensure affiliate challenges, priorities and initiatives are understood and integrated into the region/cluster OPEN+ plans.
- Ensure the overall accountability and governance of the OPEN+ deployment and the sustainability of the system within the affiliate. Ensure all methods, standards and processes within affiliate are fully in line with the global standards and aligned with the region/cluster governance/deployment team.
- Develop the affiliate’s strategy and roadmap in line with the region/cluster OPEN+ plans in order to achieve continuous improvement in the OPEN+ journey.
- Assess the organization and processes to develop efficient and effective OPEN+ plans.
- Develop internal communications strategies, organization and system leading the implementation of related plans to ensure full alignment with Company strategies, objectives, values, behaviors at affiliate level.
- Supervise, lead, coordinate and develop the internal communication community to ensure the use of the proper communication tools and channel and the effectiveness of the Company and departmental communication plans and activities.
- Continuously review PMI best practices and adjust affiliate plans to maximize people engagement into productivity generation, driving innovation and increasing organization agility to deliver business results in accordance with the defined PMI standards and practices.
- Ensure PMI best practices are recognized, shared and adopted into affiliate’s standards.
- Ensure proper affiliate’s OPEN+ organization structure including a robust career path to meet OPEN+ objectives and plans.
- Ensure a pipeline of talents are in place to support the continuous improvement effort in the affiliate and to maintain sustainability of OPEN+ expertise and capabilities.
- Support the organizational leaders to drive the OPEN+ culture.
- Coordinate training activities in the affiliate related to OPEN+ deployment.
- Engage region management teams and key partners into communications plans.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Strong experience in Manufacturing / Quality / LEAN / Product development / Supply Chain or other beyond Manufacturing departments
- Deep knowledge of IOS/OPEN: pillars, standard work processes, lean / continuous improvement, systems and tools
- Functional: Manufacturing processes (tobacco processing, make-pack-filtermaking), Quality and PPMD processes (quality requirements, stage-date, regulatory requirements, product knowledge, etc.), PMI Sustainability practices and standards, Supply Chain processes, PMI HR practices and processes
- Experience in “lead others” career stages
- Soft skills: Leadership, collaboration and communication skills, Training skills, Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Proficient in English
What we offerOur success depends on the people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.