Descrição do trabalho
This position requires someone who is technical, organised, has excellent communication and people skills and follow-through, can use good judgement, set priorities, and possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Our Backup and Recovery solution is a product with multi-platform client and server sides for managed services providers, system administrators of large enterprises, telecommunication and hosting providers. As a data source we can back up file system, Network Shares, system state, MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SharePoint, VMWare, Hyper-V. The product is very dynamic, this why you will to learn a lot all the time.
- Provide technical support responding to customer issues, helping with deployment of the solution on customer's environment.
- Work on escalations and critical incidents collaborating with frontline support, development, QA and sales teams to obtain the best possible outcome of the issue for the customer and the organisation.
- Investigate and report problems found on production environment, work closely with QA and development teams to improve the product and to ensure it continues to satisfy customer needs.
- Contribute to the development and sharing of knowledge.
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of cases.
- Work rotating schedule including morning, evening and possibly night shifts.
- Technical degree/diploma preferred, or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience in technical role (System administrator, DevOps) preferred.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Effective listening, and ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written in English (intermediate level and higher).
- Understanding of networking terms, concepts and protocols.
- Proficient in Windows Server operating systems, file structure, registry, event logs, boot, services, AD.
- Knowledge and experience in some of the following areas: Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, MS Exchange, MS SQL, VMWare, Hyper-V, nginx, Oracle.
- Ability and willingness to be reachable on call during nights for critical incidents when you are a night duty person.
- Coding skills is a plus.
- Experience with backup solutions is a plus.