MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform (CPaaS) that enables consumers in virtually every corner of the planet to connect with businesses in the same way they connect with their friends - seamlessly, on their own timeline and with context. We’re one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our Engineering Team with an experienced Senior Software Engineer.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of one of our product-engineering squads. You are responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting our communication products, and educating and mentoring your squad members.
Our products enable our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real time insights using our Dashboard and reach out to their consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
We engineer reliable services, that process large amounts of sms, voice and chat traffic, are secure and deployed continuously. Your task is to design and maintain the software foundation that enables us to be highly-available, highly transactional, and ship fast & often.
Our product-engineering squads have the freedom, end-to-end responsibility and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We operate using an agile development methodology, deploying code multiple times per day while always making sure that our applications are rigorously automatically tested and statically analyzed.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working all around the globe. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy about getting out of bed to come and work every morning.
Our Tech Stack:
- Yii2 / Symfony
- Docker / Kubernetes / Prometeus / Terraform
- Help design and build a performant system
- Work as part of a team to design scalable and fault-tolerant communication platforms
- Refactor legacy parts of the system to sustain team and company growth.
- Work with other engineers on the team to solve difficult but exciting system design and implementation problems.
- Work with, and enable engineers on other teams that interact with the platform.
- Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
- Be part of a self-steering team, where you make decisions together, on the project you’re working on.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where priorities change fast.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Experience in one or more programming languages, including but not limited to; PHP, Golang, Ruby, Python, Java, and/or C#
- Experience building and designing highly scalable and available distributed systems
- Knowledge of design system architecture both on a theoretical level and applied level
- Good level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with refactoring legacy systems
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge and experience with PHP and Symfony framework/components or Yii2 Framework would be a plus
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL would be a plus
- Experience with Docker, Containers and K8S would be an advantage
- Able and willing to teach others and help them grow
- Top-notch work equipment (MacBook, Large screen, Bose QuietComfort headphones, you name it!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer and feeling warm in winter.
- We are a team of foodies, so every single day, lunch is on us. Better said, our private chefs are serving great food all day long!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office.
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and bootcamp classes at our office (on the rooftop in summer!).
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings (dinners, paintball, bubble ball, LAN gaming, movie nights, we always find a reason to hang out).
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega and PS4.
- Forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues, hailing from more than 43 countries.
Work with us and build the data driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.